Hi, I'm Simon
Welcome to my website, where I sometimes blog about things I find interesting. I'm mainly interested in static analysis, compilers and cryptography. I enjoy writing tools and libraries, primarily in Dart.
You can reach me on Twitter, Gitter, GitHub, on Discord (
simonbinder#8544) or via email (
admin at this domain)
I created a number of Dart packages, some of which have grown to be important for the overall Dart ecosystem:
- Drift, a high-level database library for client-side Dart applications. It supports watching SQL queries, transparently running databases in isolates or web workers and a powerful handwritten static analyzer for SQL statements.
- The sqlite3 and sqlite3_flutter_libs packages to use sqlite in Dart/Flutter.
- The tar package for efficiently reading and writing tar files. It's streaming implementation is memory-efficient and it supports reading files created by weird readers. This package is used by the official pub client and by pub.dev to manage packages.
- Zap, a new compiler-aided Dart web framework inspired by Svelte.
- A collection of smaller packages, including a shelf handler for multipart requests.
- Built site, a fully-featured static site generator based on Dart's build system. It powers this website and https://drift.simonbinder.eu/.
I'm also a frequent contributor to other projects: I've received a Google Open Source Peer Bonus award for contributions to Dart's build system. I've also contributed to the Dart SDK itself and many other open-source projects.